Commitments of Souljourning
1) Nurturing the natural spiritual development of young people through multi-faith resources that empower them, their families, and their communities of the world’s religious and secular traditions.
2) Demonstrating compassion through our efforts to preserve the planet and to make social and economic systems just for all.
3) Religious pluralism: demonstrating deep respect for people who practice the spiritual traditions of the world, recognizing that religions or world-views other than yours or mine may be as good for others as they are for us. Inter-religious literacy is crucial for young people to become global citizens.
4) Demonstrating, in all we do and say, the dignity and equality of people of all ethnicities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
5) Respecting science as a way to find facts, and respecting religions and cultural traditions as ways to find meanings. Religious myths can reveal potent spiritual truths.
1) Practical guidance empowering parents to nurture their children’s natural spirituality.
2) Resources for the spiritual nurture of children and young people in faith communities and secular organizations.
3) Resources available directly to children and young adults.
4) A global network of Souljourning individuals and local communities.